Jonathan Barnbrook

Barnbrook is a well-known British filmmaker/director, typographer and graphic designer from Luton. He is probably most recognised after his commission on the David Bowie album Heathen, for which was also the launch of his own typeface Priori; this was soon followed by many typefaces which he went on to design. Most of his fonts are named after controversial subjects or emotions as this is a theme in which he continues throughout all of his work. 
He now owns his own company designing fonts called Virus, based in his hometown of London. Here he has teamed up with other typographers to create books based on his field of expertise. 
Although not my usual taste due to me being more of an illustrator but I can appreciate the work of a graphic designer and typographer; the skill it takes from designing the basic ideas of a font to the positioning and layout of the text within a page. Jonathan Barnbrook is a designer that I recognise from previously seeing his designs around before starting my research, this is my eyes makes him successful as his work is already reaching a wide range of audiences.