Vaughan Oliver


Vaughan Oliver is a British graphic designer from Surrey, now based in South London, he is known for his work with design studios "V23" and "23 Envelope" Here he creates lots of famous album covers that are "sometimes gritty, sometimes dreamy" He uses colours, composition and typography to express moods to match the music inside.  

This example of his work 'Fluid Songs' is one of my favourites, it is simple and yet still captivating. Photography is a hobby I have done for many years however I have recently taken to other media's. To see examples of amazing sepia photography is a possible direction I could include within my work. The typography on this photo is brilliant, the main focus is the simple black text which is encased in the maroon subtext, the swirls and curls of this illustrates the plant behind and natures curves - this I believe is Oliver's intention.